1. Peter Drucker, "The Changed World Economy" , Foreign Affairs (Spring 1986), pp. 3-17. See also Bruce R. Guile and Harvey Brooks (Eds.), Technology and Global Industry (Washington: National Academy Press, 1987).
2.See Theodore White, "The Danger From Japan" , New York Times Magazine (July 28, 1985); Karel G. Von Wolferen, "The Japan Problem" , Foreign Affairs (Winter 1986/87). Japanese views and rebuttals are set out in beyond Japan Bashing , Japan Echo, XIV (Autumn 1987).
3. C. Fred Bergsten and William R. Cline, The United States-Japan Economic Problem (Washington: Institute for International Economics, 1987), pp. 5-6; 125-129.
4. Martin Feldstein, Correcting the Trade Deficits Foreign Affairs (Spring 1987), pp.795-806.
5. Stephen Marris, Deficits and the Dollar (Washington: Institute for International Economics, 1987), especially Chapters 4 and 5.
6. These issues are set out in Charles McMillan, The Japanese Industrial System (New York: de Gruyter, 1984), Chapters 11,13. For an update, see Charles McMillan, Bridging the Pacific-Canada-Japan Relations in the 1990 s (Ottawa: Canada-Japan Trade Council, 1988).
7. See William Mackness, "Probing the Outer Limits of Deficit Finance" , The Business Quarterly (March 1987).
||This Information System is provided by the University of Toronto Library and the G8 Research Group at the University of Toronto.|
Please send comments to:
This page was last updated .