With funding from the Student Experience Fund, the following improvements to Engineering & Computer Science Library are underway:
- new carpeting and fresh paint for a major portion of main floor
- addition of quiet study carrels along the east wall of main floor
- more efficient design of computer area on main floor with new, more comfortable furniture and flat panel monitors
- additional group study space on second floor
- improved location for Reference Desk
Renovations have begun and we expect they will be completed in early September. The renovations will result in a more pleasant environment for students, with increased study space, additional seats and improved access to reference services.
Engineering & Computer Science Library serves 5,000 undergraduates, 1,600 graduates and 290 faculty members from the Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science and the Department of Computer Science. Every day, 1,300 people, mostly undergraduate students, enter the Library. The renovations directly link to the Faculty’s goal to enhance learning experiences for academic programs.